Currently Implemented Changes

Forum changes, current and future

Currently Implemented Changes

Postby Drizzle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm

This is going to be where the changes that are already implemented are, this will be a little guide for all of you that are a little confused with how things may look. The currently implemented changes will be posted below.

Image - This image will be for announcements that are read

Image - This image will be for announcements that are read but locked

Image - This image will be for announcements that are unread

Image - This image will be for announcements that are unread but locked

Image - This image will be for posts that are read

Image - This image will be for posts that are unread

Image - This image will be for posts that are read but locked

Image - This image will be for posts that are unread but locked

Image - This image will be for sub-forums that are read

Image - This image will be for sub-forums that are unread

Image - This image will be for sticky posts that are read

Image - This image will be for sticky posts that are unread

Image - This image will be for sticky posts that are read but locked

Image - This image will be for sticky posts that are unread but locked

Image - This image will be for posts that are popular or "Hot Topics" and read

Image - This image will be for posts that are popular or "Hot Topics" and unread
Drizzle
Site Admin

Re: Currently Implemented Changes

Postby Drizzle » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:08 pm

So only a small change today i added a banner... yay!... anyway's it may be a few days before we see anything big changed to the forums as i am looking into a big change with the background so it may take some time to set this up but i still plan on rolling it out by sometime this weekend. There may be a little lul in the updates to the forums until i get this underway though as this is the next big change i want to work on. As always feel free to drop me any suggestions or feedback.
Drizzle
Site Admin

Re: Currently Implemented Changes

Postby Drizzle » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Hello Everypony!!!!

I hope you all enjoyed the new episode today, i know i did for sure!!! Now onto more forum related topics :P haha.
As you all have probably noticed by the post on the main page and if you have been trying to access the forums over the past few hours they have been down, there are a few reasons for this and i am going to go over them for you all and give you a little breakdown of all the updates that have happened because well the forums sure don't look like they use to last weekend.
First i am going to simply begin with the backend stuff that nobody probably cares about but i figure i will mention it anyways haha, the update tonight started with taking a backup of everything that had to do with the forums from the database to the code changes that were made to make the forums look like they do today. You can probably guess why we wanted to do a backup before anything but aside from having something to roll back to i also wanted it encase of a disaster so we at least have something we can restore should we lose the forums entirely for some reason. Also after this backup i went ahead and updated the actual forum code as it was running on an older version.

Now onto the updates that will be more exciting

As you may have seen in my previous posts i did a few simple changes but tonight i decided to kind of bring it home and really change the boards around and make them look more like home, or well in this case possibly looking out from rainbow dashes home haha. Anyways the minor changes you can see in my previous posts so i won't go over these again to spare you all who have read it already. The changes tonight though included added the background to the forums and allowing it to be seen through the posts so it does not get completely covered up by the forums. On top of this you also probably notice that you have no idea where your forums you usually post to are located at, do not fret my fellow ponies they are all here they have just been shifted around to hopefully make things a little less cluttered so take a peak around the new main categories and you will be able to find all of your previous forums and resume posting as usual. Lastly i added a little something "special" for everypony on the main page. I do understand this may have a few issues depending on the internet browser you are using, personally it works fine for me in chrome and IE but lags in firefox yet my friends are the exact opposite so i am not 100% sure what causes the lag on it but you can simply turn it off if you with over to the right of the FAQ, Register, Login section is a little start and stop button that will make this little add in go away for those of you that it may not be working properly for. Just a heads up it will only display on the main page as of right now as i figured once you navigate off this page it will be easier to not have it displaying but if you all want it on other pages i can look into embedding it into other pages as well.

This covers the changes for tonight, i am going to continue looking into what else can be changed but a good amount of it will probably be on the back end so you guys won't notice much changes graphically but if anyone has any suggestions as to some possible changes i am more than open to the suggestions.

Hope you all enjoy the changes!!!
Drizzle
Site Admin

Return to Forum Changes