Season 2 Episode 6 "Cutie Pox"

Speculation posts and reaction posts to episodes or ideas.
Forum rules
All Spoilery speculation posts need to be marked (SPOILERS) and not contain spoilers in the title.

Any posts with content from the newest episode need to be marked as (SPOILERS) until the Friday after it is shown on the show.

Season 2 Episode 6 "Cutie Pox"

Postby BakaBrony » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 pm

*Spoilers* - had to be put
Guess I'll start this one off.
Another great episode. Not really up for a synopsis since you've all seen the episode.
So there were a few great references in this one. The 4 bowling ponies from The Big Lebowski, Geri from the pixar short (the one with the old man playing chess against himself).
We've found derpy as a filly. (time paradox? doctor whooves?)
AJ's parent's/relative's or just a reference to the famous painting?
Opinions? Thoughts? Comments?
Brony Show Mane 6 Element of LAG
Tumblr's Deviantart http://bakabrony.deviantart.com/
Skype caseybr0n3
BakaBrony

Re: Season 2 Episode 6 "Cutie Pox"

Postby TheTruthofHistory » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm

I loved the episode, actually. Much like Sweetie Belle, having an episode dedicated to her entirely has really helped improve my outlook on Applebloom. Apart from just being adorable, she's really kinda fun. I thought stealing Zecora's flowers was kinda odd and unexpected ( with the flowers being fairly odd and unexpected themselves), but I think the episode was great, everything considered. It's another good sign for the show this season. It may have thrown me off a little earlier on because of the awkward pacing and resolution of the first two episodes and the craziness of 'Lesson Zero', but the writing is as excellent as ever.
TheTruthofHistory

Postby Sapphire » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Ah yes, I loved this one! That Bowling scene had Lebowski references all over. I noticed the painting in the Apple Family's home too, and I just couldn't help but giggle. The ponies in the painting could indeed be her relatives, but more than likely the painting is just a reference to American Gothic. Scootaloo also has humming bird wings.
Simply signed, from no one special,

~Sapphire Night~
Sapphire

Postby CircuitMane » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

OVER THE LINE!

Actually it was because of this episode we finally got the answer of the special abilities of earth ponies.
CircuitMane
Site Admin

Postby GammaRay » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:57 am

I really hope they continue to differentiate the CMCs when they're grouped together. It was nice to see Applebloom being the only one who was taking the "blank flank" mentality to heart.
RariGamma is not canon! Also my skype: gamma.is.back
GammaRay

Postby GammaRay » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 am

Time to ask the question for this episode. I think I will be a little light-hearted here

Is Cheerilee a good teacher? She technically cancelled class so Applebloom could teach everyone how to use a hula-hoop.
RariGamma is not canon! Also my skype: gamma.is.back
GammaRay

Postby TwentySided » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 am

I believe she is a good teacher, I mean it more seemed like she canceled class as a congratulations for Applebloom getting her cutie mark. Who knows maybe she does that kind of thing for everypony. We actually never saw what happened the next day in class after Twist got her cutie mark so we have no clear idea what Cherilee does whenever one of her students receives their cutie mark.
I cast epicness...Critical Hit!
TwentySided

Postby DeonnaBones » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello. I believe that Cheerilee is a good teacher. I believe that all teachers are good. Because the teacher's work deserves respect. Knowledge is the most important thing in our life, therefore people who give knowledge to us, are the most important people in our lives. If you don't have a person who gives you such gift - knowledge, then you need a website - guide -> https://guiado-estudante.com/ - which will help you become smarter, which will give you the knowledge that will replace your teacher. This site is better than Cheerilee . Thanks a lot for your attention.
DeonnaBones

Return to MLP Episode Discussions